Running an organization successfully is dependent on having effective strategies in place. Brian Martinenza, Vice President and General Manager of Service Unlimited, Inc., decided it was necessary to develop a new on-boarding checklist after attending The Unified Group’s Human Resources Forum. With input from Tebarco Mechanical’s on-boarding booklet, Brian Martinenza was underway to creating a checklist that assisted his organization in many ways.
“Too many things were getting missed and overlooked. Many of them were easy on our end and meaningful to the employee. It was making us look bad and not demonstrating how valuable we felt the new relationship with our employee was to us. I was tired of trying to keep it all together myself, so the list was born,” said Martinenza.
The creation of the on-boarding checklist allowed Service Unlimited, Inc., the ability to see and strategize between payroll and the employee’s department on items that needed completion and it also ensured a consistent experience for new hires. “We don’t miss things now that need to be done. We are accountable to one another in completing the list. We are also making a great first impression with our new hires. I was recently told that this was the most comprehensive and helpful process our new hire had ever experienced. When I am trying to convince field team members that we are a first-class operation, this sets the stage perfectly,” said Martinenza.
Service Unlimited also worked diligently for 4 ½ months to get a fully operational payroll portal. It was necessary because there were multiple delays for various reasons including security upgrades, data verification, etc. The impact of having a new payroll portal has been great. The format and the security of not emailing statements has been helpful. The team has been able to get logged in and set up very easily. “We have only received a little feedback and for the most part it has been positive. Ultimately, I am expecting it to be a great tool for us to communicate with our team,” said Martinenza.
Having a new on-boarding checklist and a fully functioning payroll portal has allowed Service Unlimited, Inc., to progress seamlessly. The ideas shared at The Unified Group forums have proven to be beneficial in helping members improve without having to reinvent the wheel!
- Member Sharing - Cox Powell Corporation, Harvey W. Hottel, Inc., & Service Unlimited, Inc.
- Register Today for the Expansion Tank Sizing and Selection Webinar!
- Register Today for the Sharing Best Practices Webinars!
- Register Today for the HVAC Hydronic Pump Fundamentals Webinar!
- Recorded Industrial Maid Overview Webinar Now Available!
- Adrian Mechanical Services Trains on CPR!
- B&I Contractors Assists the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in Converting the Miami Beach Convention Center!
- Recorded Taco Pump Webinar Now Available!
- Register Today for the Industrial Maid Overview of Air Filtration & Ventilation Products Webinar!
- Recorded Mixed Reality BIM Workflows & Remote Assistance with the Trimble XR10 Webinar Now Available!
- The Unified Group Welcomes Our Newest Purchasing Partner, Johnstone Supply!
- Recorded Bluon Energy R-22 Webinar Now Available!
- Cullum Mechanical Construction Receives the Annual Subcontractor Safety Award from HITT Contracting Inc.!
- Recorded Modine DOAS and MUA Webinar Now Available!
- Member Success – Service Unlimited, Inc.
- The Unified Group Welcomes Our Newest Member, Dean E. Norris, Inc.!
- Register Today for the Taco Pump Webinar!
“ The Biggest Challenge in Sales Breakout was the most helpful to me today. To see that everyone seems to be struggling with the same items was a little comforting. I got to see different points of view through the eyes of all experienced levels. ”Timothy Brown Jr.
Johnson & Jordan, Inc.