The Unified Group recently held its Annual Meeting and Owners’ Forum via Zoom November 4th - 6th. The event allowed business leaders to step away from the hectic pace of their day-to-day activities and provided them a valuable time to focus on overall company and process improvement while networking with peers.
The best part of the meeting is belonging to a group like this to help you put the problems you face in your business into perspective. Besides realizing that every contractor faces the same type of challenges at one point or another, you can get ideas that work to help you solve a problem faster or avoid a pitfall so you can get back to what you love to do, taking care of your customers. Sherri Flesher, Arctic Air
On the first day, the group shared how they are keeping people connected and enhancing their culture during these trying times. Paul Gosserand, CMC Corporate Solutions, shared the CMC way of doing things and how it has been successful. Many have been struggling with keeping people connected especially since many members have remote workforces these days. The group then had a breakout to share best practices and ideas to enhance the culture within their organizations.
It is always interesting to hear the challenges other people have and realize the commonality, whether it is current or challenges from the past. The Unified Group has really developed what works and adapted it well to these extenuating circumstances. If I didn't attend this meeting, I would have missed the time to listen and think away from the day to day. Rick Cowley, Mechanical Service & Systems, Inc.
On the second day, Phil Van Hooser, certified speaking professional and member of the CPAE Speaker Hall of Fame discussed Leading “New Breed” Employees who are individuals of any age or generation who expect a different outcome from their work and/or career than did the generation which preceded them.
2020 has been a grind and mentally draining. This meeting was a rejuvenating breath f fresh air. Derren Saucier, Temperature, Inc.
Large group discussions and breakout groups on trends we are seeing in service and for the upcoming year allowed the group to explore strategic issues and challenges that are important to their organizations. Gary Griffin, B&I Contractors, Inc. and Chris Schaff, Air Controls talked about what they are doing for strategic planning and how they have been successful in new niche markets as well as shared some bumps in the road. Throughout the forum, members presented best ideas from monitoring your cash flow and the impact that has on an organization, HubSpot CRM and Building Reports for Inspections.
Breakout sessions are always one of the richest opportunities for hearing ideas from other very bright leaders. I am always amazed at the great insight, flexibility and confidence of members in this group! Jim Blauch, Brother Brothers, Inc. In addition to working on business solutions together, members enjoyed a fun mixology cocktail hour with spouses to kick the even off.
A special thank you to our task force: Jim Blauch, Blauch Brothers, Inc., James Sandoval, J&J Air Conditioning, Scott Krum, Legacy Mechanical, Inc., and Dick Wilcox, VHV Company for planning an awesome agenda and event for the group!
- B&I Contractors Featured on Gulfshore Business Magazine for Their Company's Wellness Initiatives!
- Mobile Air Provides Rental Heat & Power Equipment to Fight the Winter!
- Congratulations to Glassman Corporation - 75 Years in Business!
- H.C. Blake Co. Inc. is Having a Heartfelt Furnace Giveaway!
- Congratulations to Dean E. Norris, Inc. - 50 Years in Business!
- J&J Air Conditioning Works with Bay Area Organizations that Bring Smiles to Those in Need!
- B&I Contractors Spreads Joy with Toys at the Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital!
- Harvey W. Hottel, Inc. Holds a Holiday Decorating Contest!
- Air Controls Visits A&G Services!
- Harvey W. Hottel, Inc., Hosts a "Stuff the Van" Food Drive!
- Unified Group Annual Meeting Focuses on Next Generation Leaders!
- B&I Contractors Presented with Multiple Trophies at the Lee Building Industry Association Awards Ceremony!
- B&I Contractors Featured in the Gulfshore Business Magazine for 2020 Making the Difference Award!
- Shannon Godlewski, Service Technician for Service Unlimited, Inc., Receives the HVAC Trade-Pro of the Year Award!
- Deadly Cold Exposure Safety Tips & Training Video!
- Service Unlimited, Inc., Receives the 2020 Excellence in Construction Award from ABC Delaware!
- Intech Mechanical Breathes New Life into Sacramento Districts!
- Recorded Technical Training Interplay Learning Webinar is Now Available!
- Mechanical Service & Systems, Inc., Hosts Employee Food Drive Competition!
- 2020 Virtual Annual Meeting & Owners' Forum Highlights!
“ If I didn't attend the meeting, I would have missed the connections with other member companies and the ideas shared that I bring back home to make our company better. ”Logan Downing