Over twenty Human Resource professionals gathered via Zoom for The Unified Group’s 2021 Virtual Financial Forum March 4th and 5th. Pat Fuller, Director and Wellness Engineer at BKS Partners, started off the meeting with sharing Mental Health and Well Being Initiatives; she gave information about lowering stress levels and discussed many apps that members could share throughout their organizations to help their employees cope with stress. “I found Pat’s presentation very interesting and educational. Very thought provoking and it ignites serious self-reflection. I want to share the information with the Cullum population.” Mendi Arnold, Cullum Mechanical Construction. Members then discussed lessons learned dealing with COVID 19 in the workplace; survival tips, how they kept their teams intact and motivated and also touched on safety measures that have been implemented from the office to the job site. We wrapped up the first day learning about creative recruiting methods members are using and what their hiring process looks like. “The best part of the meeting was the conversations on critical topics. Hearing ideas others have implemented at their workplace. Relating to each other on common struggles and innovative ideas to help.” Danielle Lang, Glassman Corporation
On day two, Suzanne Boy, a founding member of Boy Agnew Potanovic, PLLC, a boutique law firm that focuses on employment, business, and government law updated the group on FMLA/ADA and reasonable accommodations. There were breakout sessions to share and receive feedback on the member’s biggest challenges and struggles they have been facing within their role. Best ideas and technology implemented were presented throughout the day such as leadership development programs created in-house, Paylocity which is an HR and payroll platform that helps with onboarding and office communication and electronic paystub delivery. “It was comforting to know that other HR professionals are facing similar challenges in the workplace setting such as getting some employees to follow protocols and understand that procedures are in place for everyone's benefit. If I didn’t attend this meeting, I would have missed onboarding ideas and the opportunity to interact with other professionals in the HR community within the industry. Overall, the virtual forum was great and surprisingly interactive. Did not disappoint!” Shantel Bradley, Standard Plumbing & Heating
Thank you to our task force; Dave Ude (Air Controls), Mike Biske (B&I Contractors), Juan Flores (Blauch Brothers, Inc.), Mendi Arnold (Cullum Mechanical Construction) and Danielle Lang (Glassman Corporation) for helping to plan such an amazing session for the group’s Human Resource Professionals!
- VHV Company Becomes an Accredited Training Sponsor & Assessment Center by the NCCER!
- A&G Services Supports The Women's Center Victory Over Violence Campaign!
- Register Today for the 2021 Leadership Forum!
- Register Today for the 2021 Safety Director's Forum!
- Member Success - Harvey W. Hottel, Inc.
- B&I Contractors Nears $150 Million in Revenue!
- B&I Contractors Hosts a Division 23 CSI Code Training at Their Headquarters and Prefabrication Facilities!
- Register for Today's Businesses Don't Need Bosses - They Need Leaders Webinar!
- Register Today for the Service Management Touch Base Call!
- Virtual Service Management Forum Outlines Industry Topics!
- 2021 Virtual Human Resources Forum Highlights!
- B&I Contractors, Inc., Continues to Thrive & Hire Skilled Workers!
“ It has been rare in my work career to be able to get unfiltered free exchange of ideas and best practices in a group of contractors. This type of process allows all to benefit from the combined experience and knowledge of the group! Kudos to The Unified Group! ”Kurt Thomas