There can be huge benefits in partnerships resulting in an increased bottom line, profitability and the attraction of talent to your organization. Adrian Mechanical Services hit the ground running when they partnered with a firm that evaluates mechanical, electrical and building envelope replacement opportunities and calculates the guaranteed energy savings and payback. The partnership came after Adrian Mechanical Services bid their first job to them three-years earlier and completed a couple more jobs resulting in them being appointed the go-to-guy for all of their mechanical work.
The company consists of a group of engineers that are not selling anything. In actuality, they are providing valuable knowledge and recommendations for building upgrades with guaranteed savings and payback. “I like that they offer solutions rather than selling equipment or controls and developing the solution around them. This is a concept we can get behind and promote,” said Adrian Mechanical Services’ President, Todd Carver. One school district saw such positive projected cash flow that they chose to add artificial turf to their football field and finance it through the additional cash generated by their savings.
This partnership gives Adrian Mechanical Services something new to market. “By selling the concept to our existing customers we can generate work. It’s a real easy sell to schools as they are able to make improvements without going to their taxpayers for millage increases,” said Carver. It gives the ability to negotiate work that has been previously bid by multiple bidders and even allows Adrian Mechanical Services to do only the work they can self-perform which eliminates the need for hiring subcontractors. Hiring subcontractors increases your revenue but offers limited profit margin.
“The impact is that we are now selling the concept to our customers that have not yet been approached, and getting opportunities through those contacts and it keeps our competitors out of the door of our customers,” said Carver. The process has changed to some degree; instead of bidding work, Adrian Mechanical Services is selling work. This has reduced the sales revenue and increased profits. Working for this group is more like a negotiated job that allows you to look for ways to help your customer.
To assist with the energy services work, President Todd Carver’s son, Andy, recently joined the business. Andy is a graduate of Ferris State University with a HVAC specific Mechanical Engineering degree. “He has experience working for a contractor outside our market area as a controls engineer. We are excited about the opportunities he is bringing to the company, and see this helping us do more energy services work,” said Carver.
Adrian Mechanical Services is progressing in a significant way with their energy services partnership!
- The Unified Group visited Glassman Corporation for their 3rd annual Skilled Trades Tech Day!
- 2019 Annual Meeting & Owners' Forum Location Revealed! Registration is now open!
- Congratulations to A&G Piping on being our 2018 Making the Difference award recipient!
- Air Comfort volunteered in the Habitat for Humanity dodgeball charity event!
- The Unified Group's 2018 Year in Review!
- Service Unlimited, Inc. contributes to Caesar Rodney Rotary Club's Basket Brigade!
- A&G Piping proudly hosts a tour of their fab shop for Lincoln Tech students to encourage their future!
- Glassman Corporation to host their 3rd Annual Skilled Trades Tech Day!
- Unified Group’s BIM Process Forum Highlights Technology and Communication!
- Shortage of Tradespeople will affect all!
- Member Spotlight - Adrian Mechanical Services
- Congratulations J&J Air Conditioning!
- 2018 BIM Process Forum Video Highlights!
- 2018 BIM Process Forum Highlights!
- Congratulations B&I Contractors on being featured in today's Business Observer!
- The HR Email Tool is Now Live!
- Register today for the 2019 Service Management Forum!
- 2018 Financial Forum Video Highlights!
- VHV Company is encouraging high school students in the area to learn more about a career in trades!
“ Very uplifting and inspiring! ”Daniel Gomez
J&J Air Conditioning