The Unified Group held its second Safety Director’s Forum June 5th - 8th in Kansas City, MO. Day one started off with Gary Glader, Safety Consulting Operation President of The Horton Group discussing and sharing best practices on risk management, handling an injury after it happens, the aging workforce, accident investigations and fit for work programs. Erica Peet (VHV Company) shared how they manage claims to get the person back to work. We ended the day with Bob Fisher (Air Comfort Corporation) sharing a presentation and video on workplace violence. “Great time, great people, and awesome presentations and speakers. What more could you ask for?” Brian Scott, Mechanical Service & Systems, Inc.
Bill Judge, Founding Member of the Drug Screening Compliance Institute, gave the group information on medical marijuana and how to address issues that are arising due to legalization. The group then shared tips and tricks on how to track OSHA requirements to make sure certifications do not expire and they had a breakout session to share and get feedback on solving the greatest challenge they are currently facing. “Receiving input and being able to bounce ideas and scenarios off of other safety directors was awesome.” Kevin Knights, Johnson & Jordan, Inc.
On day three, Brian Scott (Mechanical Service & Systems), Erica Peet (VHV Company) and Bob Fisher (Air Comfort Corporation) shared their onboarding processes with the group. We rounded out the day with sharing how members are completing and tracking safety training within their organizations and how they are tracking safety metrics and creating action plans.
This was an amazing group of people who really care about making sure everyone gets home safe to their families. “I truly believe everything was well organized, coordinated and thought through. Excellent organization, awesome group of people and 100% informational.” Dustin Clair, A&G Piping, Inc.
Special thanks to our task force who interviewed speakers and created the agenda for this session: Bob Fisher (Air Comfort Corporation), Brian Scott (Mechanical Service & Systems, Inc.), Amy Flores (Midstate Energy) and Erica Peet (VHV Company).
- B&I Contractors Assists the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in Converting the Miami Beach Convention Center!
- Recorded Taco Pump Webinar Now Available!
- Register Today for the Industrial Maid Overview of Air Filtration & Ventilation Products Webinar!
- Recorded Mixed Reality BIM Workflows & Remote Assistance with the Trimble XR10 Webinar Now Available!
- The Unified Group Welcomes Our Newest Purchasing Partner, Johnstone Supply!
- Recorded Bluon Energy R-22 Webinar Now Available!
- Cullum Mechanical Construction Receives the Annual Subcontractor Safety Award from HITT Contracting Inc.!
- Recorded Modine DOAS and MUA Webinar Now Available!
- Member Success – Service Unlimited, Inc.
- The Unified Group Welcomes Our Newest Member, Dean E. Norris, Inc.!
- Register Today for the Taco Pump Webinar!
“ The best part of the meeting was learning from experts, people that have been in the business for a long time, knowing that they still can learn new things. ”Tony Geschwentner