The Unified Group held its second Safety Director’s Forum June 5th - 8th in Kansas City, MO. Day one started off with Gary Glader, Safety Consulting Operation President of The Horton Group discussing and sharing best practices on risk management, handling an injury after it happens, the aging workforce, accident investigations and fit for work programs. Erica Peet (VHV Company) shared how they manage claims to get the person back to work. We ended the day with Bob Fisher (Air Comfort Corporation) sharing a presentation and video on workplace violence. “Great time, great people, and awesome presentations and speakers. What more could you ask for?” Brian Scott, Mechanical Service & Systems, Inc.
Bill Judge, Founding Member of the Drug Screening Compliance Institute, gave the group information on medical marijuana and how to address issues that are arising due to legalization. The group then shared tips and tricks on how to track OSHA requirements to make sure certifications do not expire and they had a breakout session to share and get feedback on solving the greatest challenge they are currently facing. “Receiving input and being able to bounce ideas and scenarios off of other safety directors was awesome.” Kevin Knights, Johnson & Jordan, Inc.
On day three, Brian Scott (Mechanical Service & Systems), Erica Peet (VHV Company) and Bob Fisher (Air Comfort Corporation) shared their onboarding processes with the group. We rounded out the day with sharing how members are completing and tracking safety training within their organizations and how they are tracking safety metrics and creating action plans.
This was an amazing group of people who really care about making sure everyone gets home safe to their families. “I truly believe everything was well organized, coordinated and thought through. Excellent organization, awesome group of people and 100% informational.” Dustin Clair, A&G Piping, Inc.
Special thanks to our task force who interviewed speakers and created the agenda for this session: Bob Fisher (Air Comfort Corporation), Brian Scott (Mechanical Service & Systems, Inc.), Amy Flores (Midstate Energy) and Erica Peet (VHV Company).
- B&I Contractors Volunteers at Schandler Hall Community Park!
- Employee Development, Training Among Topics at Inaugural Human Resources Forum!
- Service Unlimited Collects Distressed Flags for a Girl Scout Troop to Retire!
- Baptist Hill High School Visits Cullum Mechanical Construction!
- The Unified Group's 2019 Year in Review!
- Cullum Mechanical Construction Speaks to Students About Apprenticeships!
- Member Spotlight - H.C. Blake Co. Inc.
- B&I Contractors Assists their Neighbors in the Bahamas!
- Register today for the upcoming 2020 BIM Forum!
- B&I Contractors Enjoys Tampa Employee Appreciation Event!
- Register today for the upcoming 2020 Sales Forum!
“ It was really great to work through issues with others sharing great ideas and resolutions. There was a lot of value in this. ”Amy Hansen