Teamwork and collaboration can speed up an organization's’ entire process and make it easier to achieve valuable results. Our member, CMC Corporate Solutions, was contacted by their long-time client whom they’ve completed quite a bit of work for in the southern Louisiana area. The client had a job at a distribution center in Dayton, TX, northeast of Houston and asked CMC Corporate Solutions to travel to complete this job. Considering that this was a pretty big job that was further away than their normal work area, an operations meeting was quickly planned.
“We spoke about it at our operations meeting, and I suggested that we reach out to our Unified Group member, Gregory Edwards and Kelly Matlock, to see if they would be able to support us if we took the job on. Kelly was more than willing to help us in any way he could,” says Chris DeMers, Contract Administrator, CMC Corporate Solutions. Kelly Matlock, Service Manager for Gregory-Edwards, provided two guys to support the project team and also helped with material coordination for the things that CMC was unable to bring with them. “With the help of Kelly, we were able to complete the job in three days where without the help of Gregory Edwards, our project team would have been gone for an entire week,” said DeMers.
An added bonus was hearing positive feedback after a successful job completion. Kenneth Hoffart, one of Gregory-Edward’s lead technicians, reached out to Chris DeMers the following week with a heartfelt message:
“Chris, it was a pleasure working with Clint and Tony the last three days. It didn’t take us long to get to know each other (10 min) and dive straight in on this project. We worked as a team and made it happen. We had our challenges at times, but as a team, we conquered all. We shared our knowledge with one another as well as laughter. When you have all those things there, it makes a job go well. On behalf of Gregory-Edwards and myself, thank you for the opportunity!” said Hoffart.
“It was great to be able to reach out to another Unified Group member for help when needed. The willingness of Kelly and his Gregory-Edwards team to help a member company are the epitome of “Together We Make the Difference,” said DeMers.
- B&I Contractors Sponsors 15th Annual Cattle Baron's Ball!
- B&I Contractors Sponsors Program Shirts for South Fort Myers High School Students!
- Legacy Mechanical Wins the Mortenson Star Award for VDC/BIM Contractor of the Year!
- VHV Company Participates in the 10th Annual New Hampshire Construction Career Days Event in New Boston!
- Member Spotlight - CMC Corporate Solutions & Gregory-Edwards, Inc.
- J&J Air Conditioning Participates in the San Jose Rock 'n' Roll 10k Marathon!
- H.C. Blake Co. Inc., is Reviving a North Huntsville Shopping Center!
- Register today for our upcoming 2020 Service Management Forum!
- Register Today for the Trimble Service Management Software Webinar!
- SWFL 2019 Employee Appreciation Day for B&I Contractors!
- A&G Piping Raises Over $97,000 in Fundraiser for Meals On Wheels of Tarrant County!
- A&G Piping Visits Adrian Mechanical Services!
- B&I Contractors Participates in a Day to Remember with Lee Health and Miss Florida Teen at Stay Gorgeous Girls!
- Blauch Brothers, Inc., Sponsored at Multiple Tournaments that Benefited Local Charities!
- J&J Air Conditioning gives apprentices hands-on training and exposure!
- Cox-Powell Corporation Joins The Unified Group!
- Jackson Systems' Fall 2019 Training Season is Here!
- Register today for the upcoming 2019 Financial Benchmark Overview Webinar!
- Free Shipping on Stock Danfoss Compressors for September to the continental USA!
- Reminder: Register today for the upcoming Soft Skills for Technicians Webinar Series!
- Changing the Societal Stigma Around Trades!
- EPA Settlement: The Gray Areas of Compliance
- Jackson Systems' YouTube Channel is Booming!
- Member Spotlight - Air Controls
“ The best part of the meeting was learning from our diverse group of members. It was great to get a different perspective and new ideas on how to better operate our companies and grow our leadership skills. ”Fred Roser, Lexington Mechanical Service