Teamwork and collaboration can speed up an organization's’ entire process and make it easier to achieve valuable results. Our member, CMC Corporate Solutions, was contacted by their long-time client whom they’ve completed quite a bit of work for in the southern Louisiana area. The client had a job at a distribution center in Dayton, TX, northeast of Houston and asked CMC Corporate Solutions to travel to complete this job. Considering that this was a pretty big job that was further away than their normal work area, an operations meeting was quickly planned.
“We spoke about it at our operations meeting, and I suggested that we reach out to our Unified Group member, Gregory Edwards and Kelly Matlock, to see if they would be able to support us if we took the job on. Kelly was more than willing to help us in any way he could,” says Chris DeMers, Contract Administrator, CMC Corporate Solutions. Kelly Matlock, Service Manager for Gregory-Edwards, provided two guys to support the project team and also helped with material coordination for the things that CMC was unable to bring with them. “With the help of Kelly, we were able to complete the job in three days where without the help of Gregory Edwards, our project team would have been gone for an entire week,” said DeMers.
An added bonus was hearing positive feedback after a successful job completion. Kenneth Hoffart, one of Gregory-Edward’s lead technicians, reached out to Chris DeMers the following week with a heartfelt message:
“Chris, it was a pleasure working with Clint and Tony the last three days. It didn’t take us long to get to know each other (10 min) and dive straight in on this project. We worked as a team and made it happen. We had our challenges at times, but as a team, we conquered all. We shared our knowledge with one another as well as laughter. When you have all those things there, it makes a job go well. On behalf of Gregory-Edwards and myself, thank you for the opportunity!” said Hoffart.
“It was great to be able to reach out to another Unified Group member for help when needed. The willingness of Kelly and his Gregory-Edwards team to help a member company are the epitome of “Together We Make the Difference,” said DeMers.
- Register Today for Our Upcoming Webinars Sharing Best Practices During the COVID-19 Pandemic!
- Register Today for the Modine DOAS and MUA Webinar!
- Cullum Mechanical Construction Invests in the Community to Gain Workforce Development!
- Register Today for the Bluon Energy R-22 Webinar!
- Register Today for Nu-Calgon's iWave and Virus Fighting Products Webinar!
- Member Spotlight - The Unified Group
- Recorded Fresh-Aire UV Light Webinar is Now Available!
- Register Today for Trimble's: Connecting Field to Office Webinar!
- Register Today for the Mixed Reality BIM Workflows & Remote Assistance with the Trimble XR10 Webinar and More!
- B&I Contractors Celebrates 60 Years & Counting!
- Register Today for the Informational UV Light Webinar Presented by Fresh-Aire UV!
- Cullum Mechanical Construction Offers Great Career Opportunities in the HVAC Industry!
- Service Manager and Sales Group COVID-19 Zoom Calls!
- Excellence Alliance: E4P Commercial Service Estimating Demo Recorded Webinar Now Available!
- H.C. Blake Co. Inc., Named One of America’s Oldest PHCP Family Owned Companies!
- Gary Griffin, President of B&I Contractors, Still Hiring as More People File for Unemployment!
- The Unified Group Shares PPP Loan Best Practice Calls During the COVID-19 Pandemic!
- A Simple Message of Gratitude from the B&I Family to Our AMAZING Health Care Heroes!
- Register Today for the Visual Live: How to Livestream Your Field Walk to Remote Staff Webinar!
- Member Success - A&G Services and Blauch Brothers, Inc.
- The Unified Group Hosts Conference Calls to Share Best Practices During the COVID-19 Pandemic!
- Estimator of Business Development from Blauch Brothers Inc., shares his testimonial!
- 2020 Training Schedule!
- B&I Contractors Works with Lee Health To Help Reduce the Spread of Disease in Hospitals!
- Chris Schaff, Owner of Air Controls, Donates N95 Masks!
- 2020 Leadership Forum Has Been Rescheduled!
- 2020 Sales Forum Video Highlights!
“ Receiving input and being able to bounce ideas and scenarios off of other safety directors was awesome! ”Kevin Knights
Johnson & Jordan, Inc.