The Unified Group held its first Human Resources Forum October 9th - 12th in Rosemont, IL. Day one started off with Rita Craig, President of Top Tier Leadership, discussing and sharing best practices on building a high-performance work environment including; trends in human resources, branding your company, managing talent, training and development and performance management. Pamela Lambiase (VHV Company) and Juan Flores (Blauch Brothers, Inc.) talked about what their companies are doing to recruit into the trades, as everyone is struggling to find technicians. The day ended with Susan DiGraitis (Tebarco Mechanical) sharing how they on-board their employees and the processes that she has put in place to make sure all employees have the same experience. “It was really great to work through issues with others, sharing great ideas and resolutions. There was a lot of value in this.” Amy Hansen, Cox-Powell Corporation
On day two, the group heard from Bill Judge, Founding Member of the Drug Screening Compliance Institute. He gave the Human Resource professionals information on medical marijuana and how to address issues that are arising due to legalization as well as advice on how company drug policies should be written. The group shared some best technology ideas they have implemented; Juan Flores (Blauch Brothers, Inc.) discussed how they are using Docusign to collect signatures and their GIS Benefits Portal, Mendi Arnold (Cullum Mechanical Construction) told the group about Benefit First and how much time it has saved them in the office by having their employees utilize the portal, and Susan DiGraitis (Tebarco Mechanical) talked about how they use Kronos Time Tracker and Paperless Pay to become more efficient. The group had a breakout session to share and get feedback on solving the greatest challenge they are currently facing. Pamela Lambiase (VHV Company) informed the group how they have started an accredited apprenticeship program in Vermont. The day ended with Danielle Lang (Glassman Corp.) and Mike Biske (B&I Contractors) walking the group through how each of them give and track performance appraisals. “The breakout sessions are what I love about the forums. It’s a chance to talk about real challenges and get good, relevant feedback.” Gretchen Riddle, A&G Piping
On day three, Brian Martinenza, Jr. (Service Unlimited, Inc.) and Shantel Bradley (Standard Plumbing & Heating) shared their off-boarding process and what information and equipment they gather when an employee is leaving or being asked to leave their organization. We rounded out the day with a discussion on benefits member organizations are offering to see if anyone was doing anything unique to differentiate themselves in their market. “Great forum and one of the best HR focused meetings I’ve attended in my career.” Shantel Bradley, Standard Plumbing & Heating
Special thanks to our task force who interviewed speakers and created the agenda for this session: Mike Biske (B&I Contractors), Danielle Lang (Glassman Corp.), Juan Flores (Blauch Brothers, Inc.) and Susan DiGraitis (Tebarco Mechanical).
- The Unified Group's 2019 Year in Review!
- Cullum Mechanical Construction Speaks to Students About Apprenticeships!
- Member Spotlight - H.C. Blake Co. Inc.
- B&I Contractors Assists their Neighbors in the Bahamas!
- Register today for the upcoming 2020 BIM Forum!
- B&I Contractors Enjoys Tampa Employee Appreciation Event!
- Register today for the upcoming 2020 Sales Forum!
- B&I Contractors Celebrates the 2019-2020 Campaign Kick Off with their Friends at United Way!
- Jim Batson of H.C. Blake Co. Inc. Receives the 2019 Ron Smith Leadership Award!
- 2019 Human Resources Forum Video Highlights
- Service Unlimited, Inc., Hosts an Employee Appreciation Party at Lum’s Pond State Park!
- B&I Contractor’s Recruiting Team Connects with Students at The 2nd Annual Build My Future Event!
- Blauch Brothers, Inc., Represented at the 5th Annual 2019 Zombie Run for Brains!
- 2019 Human Resources Forum Highlights
- 2020 Training Schedule is Available!
- Reminder: Register Today for Trimble's Service Management Software Webinar!
- B&I Contractors Sponsors 15th Annual Cattle Baron's Ball!
- B&I Contractors Sponsors Program Shirts for South Fort Myers High School Students!
- Legacy Mechanical Wins the Mortenson Star Award for VDC/BIM Contractor of the Year!
- VHV Company Participates in the 10th Annual New Hampshire Construction Career Days Event in New Boston!
- Member Spotlight - CMC Corporate Solutions & Gregory-Edwards, Inc.
- J&J Air Conditioning Participates in the San Jose Rock 'n' Roll 10k Marathon!
- H.C. Blake Co. Inc., is Reviving a North Huntsville Shopping Center!
- Register today for our upcoming 2020 Service Management Forum!
- Register Today for the Trimble Service Management Software Webinar!
“ The best part of the meeting for me was the difference of opinion and interaction with everyone. It wasn't just one person's thoughts. This was the most refreshing, collaborative forum I've been to. ”Richard York
J&J Air Conditioning