The Unified Group’s Annual Meeting & Owners Forum was held in Hollywood, FL, from November 13-17. It was a valuable time for members to work on their businesses instead of in them.
“The best part of the meeting was getting to further build relationships with other contractors in the group with plenty of time for discussions and thoughts to be shared.” Derren Saucier, Temperature, Inc.
Guest speaker, John Howman, started off the first day of the meeting. John is an entrepreneur, Vista Chair and business advisor; John’s insight into people and his exceptional market analysis capabilities, combined with his business acumen and creativity helps create passionate, driven and successful work teams. At the session, we covered The Execution Tune-Up – Getting from Vision to Execution and Results in a workshop environment. Every CEO has a vision for their company, that is the easy part! Few companies fail because there wasn’t a vision; they fail because they can’t execute the vision and get concrete business results. The secret isn’t having some unique or phenomenal vision, it is creating a vision, getting everyone to understand it and their role, and then executing like crazy.
On day two, Shane and Melissa Dick of Atlas Accounting and Consulting joined the group to discuss our financial benchmark that all members participate in. They shared what is normal to put owner’s minds at ease and they discussed KPI’s and ratios that companies should be measuring such as gross margin and revenue per technician. A dashboard template was shared to help members track these items more easily.
“The Benchmark review is always great to compare where we are at with the best in class contractors that are in the group. There are always certain metrics I bring back that we need to strive to achieve.” Scott Krum, Legacy Mechanical
Large group discussions on marketing and how-to recession proof our businesses were followed by breakout sessions for small groups to discuss strategic issues and challenges that are important to their businesses. Throughout the meeting, members showed new technologies they are using such as Learning Zen, Smart Sheet and Mind and Body to keep your employees healthy.
In addition to sharing challenges and working on business solutions together, members were able to enjoy a margarita mixology contest, dinner in town and a closing dinner on a private yacht with a DJ. “If I didn’t attend this meeting, the biggest item I would have missed was the feedback and input from members at the meeting.” Dick Wilcox, VHV Company
Thank you to our task force Todd Carver, Adrian Mechanical, Bobby Grimes, A&G Services, Chris Schaff, Air Controls and Brian Martinenza, Jr., Service Unlimited Inc., for planning a great Annual Meeting!
- Register today for the upcoming 2020 BIM Forum!
- Jackson Systems' 2019 Fall/Winter Training is Now Available On-Demand!
- Harvey W. Hottel, Inc., provides in-house training to their employees!
- Check out the 2020 training Schedule from J&J Air Conditioning's Training Division, A.I.R.!
- Brian Martinenza of Service Unlimited, Inc., Inducted to the ABC of Delaware Board of Directors!
- Johnson & Jordan, Inc., Teams Up with Fisher Engineering and Achieves Success Before the Snow Falls!
- The Unified Group is pleased to announce Mobile Air as our newest Purchasing Partner!
- Member Success - A&G Services
- Check out Blauch Brothers' New Video!
- Blauch Brothers Participates in the Greatest Needs Drive Before Christmas!
- Air Controls Holds a Mini Job Fair for Students From Billings Public Schools!
- B&I Contractors Bring "Joy With Toys" to Hospitalized Children During the Holidays!
- J&J Air Conditioning Volunteers with BOMA Silicon Valley & City Team International to Give Back to the Community!
- ENR Ranks Cullum a Top Mechanical Contractor, Plumbing Contractor, and Specialty Contractor in the Southeast!
- J&J Air Conditioning Has a Successful Toy Drive!
- Service Unlimited Employee’s Generosity to the Sunday Breakfast Mission Shines This Holiday Season!
- Service Unlimited Employees Elected for the Delaware RSES Board of Directors!
- Air Controls Donates to Tumbleweed to Help End Youth Homelessness!
- H.C. Blake Co. Inc., Opens New Headquarters in North Huntsville!
- B&I Contractors Participates in the Lee County 2019 Heart Walk!
- 2019 Annual Meeting & Owners' Forum Video Highlights!
- Blauch Brothers Keeps a Continual Reminder on Enriching the Lives of Everyone Around Them!
- VHV Company Landed 7th Place in Vermont Food Bank Fundraiser!
- Blauch Brothers is Making the Difference in the HVAC Industry!
- 2019 Annual Meeting & Owners' Forum Highlights
- B&I Contractors Lends a Hand to Harns Marsh Elementary School!
- B&I Contractors Donates a Decorated Tree to Goodwill Industries of Southwest Florida Annual Festival of Trees!
- Register today for the upcoming 2020 Sales Forum!
- Member Spotlight - Service Unlimited, Inc., & Mechanical Service & Systems, Inc.
- Glassman Corporation Hosts Their 4th Annual Skilled Trades Tech Day!
- 2020 Annual Meeting & Owners' Forum Location Revealed!
“ It has been rare in my work career to be able to get unfiltered free exchange of ideas and best practices in a group of contractors. This type of process allows all to benefit from the combined experience and knowledge of the group! Kudos to The Unified Group! ”Kurt Thomas