Being able to close out projects can be difficult if there isn’t a streamlined process in place. Our member, Ken Trotter, Project Manager of A&G Services, decided it would be beneficial to incorporate project close out into their weekly staff meeting after attending The Unified Group’s 2019 Construction Forum. This would help employees discuss what they needed to start or stop doing and what was being done well and needed to continue.
“To accomplish this task on a routine basis, we started using MS forms to collect data for our weekly staff meetings. The form goes out to the project managers and estimators every Monday morning. They fill out the form before our Tuesday meetings and we compile and print the data and use it as an agenda item during meetings,” said Trotter. During the meetings, the project managers discuss any project closing that week, what went well and what didn’t. The managers are required to speak with the field crew beforehand so that they can bring that information to the meeting.
“I believe our meetings have progressed from “nuts and bolts” only to actionable discussion. We discuss current problems, potential problems and how to solve them. By incorporating the project close out, we now have a tool to gauge our staff’s current capabilities and talents. A&G Services has become more proactive,” said Trotter. Job well done A&G Services!
- H.C. Blake Co. Inc., Supports Small Businesses of North Alabama!
- Register Today for the Excellence Alliance: E4P Commercial Service Estimating Demo Webinar!
- B&I Contractors Shares Latest Update Regarding the Construction Industry in Florida Amidst the COVID-19 Pandemic!
- 2020 Sales Forum Highlights
- Glassman Corporation Takes Great Bend Officials Through a Final Walk Through at the Crest Theatre!
- 2020 Spring Training is Available from Jackson Systems!
- 2020 BIM Forum Has Been Rescheduled!
- B&I Contractors Celebrates 60 Years of Service by Giving Back!
- Cullum Mechanical Construction Sponsors Charleston Annual STEM Fest!
- Midstate Energy Celebrates “National Women in Construction Week!”
- Register today for the upcoming 2020 Leadership Forum!
- J&J Air Conditioning Plays Their First Co-Ed Softball Game of the Season!
- J&J Air Conditioning Completes Another Basic Refrigeration Course!
“ The openness of everyone's thoughts, ideas and suggestions was the best part of the meeting. ”Matt Mason
B&I Contractors, Inc.