Being able to close out projects can be difficult if there isn’t a streamlined process in place. Our member, Ken Trotter, Project Manager of A&G Services, decided it would be beneficial to incorporate project close out into their weekly staff meeting after attending The Unified Group’s 2019 Construction Forum. This would help employees discuss what they needed to start or stop doing and what was being done well and needed to continue.
“To accomplish this task on a routine basis, we started using MS forms to collect data for our weekly staff meetings. The form goes out to the project managers and estimators every Monday morning. They fill out the form before our Tuesday meetings and we compile and print the data and use it as an agenda item during meetings,” said Trotter. During the meetings, the project managers discuss any project closing that week, what went well and what didn’t. The managers are required to speak with the field crew beforehand so that they can bring that information to the meeting.
“I believe our meetings have progressed from “nuts and bolts” only to actionable discussion. We discuss current problems, potential problems and how to solve them. By incorporating the project close out, we now have a tool to gauge our staff’s current capabilities and talents. A&G Services has become more proactive,” said Trotter. Job well done A&G Services!
- Register today for the upcoming 2020 BIM Forum!
- Jackson Systems' 2019 Fall/Winter Training is Now Available On-Demand!
- Harvey W. Hottel, Inc., provides in-house training to their employees!
- Check out the 2020 training Schedule from J&J Air Conditioning's Training Division, A.I.R.!
- Brian Martinenza of Service Unlimited, Inc., Inducted to the ABC of Delaware Board of Directors!
- Johnson & Jordan, Inc., Teams Up with Fisher Engineering and Achieves Success Before the Snow Falls!
- The Unified Group is pleased to announce Mobile Air as our newest Purchasing Partner!
- Member Success - A&G Services
- Check out Blauch Brothers' New Video!
- Blauch Brothers Participates in the Greatest Needs Drive Before Christmas!
- Air Controls Holds a Mini Job Fair for Students From Billings Public Schools!
- B&I Contractors Bring "Joy With Toys" to Hospitalized Children During the Holidays!
- J&J Air Conditioning Volunteers with BOMA Silicon Valley & City Team International to Give Back to the Community!
- ENR Ranks Cullum a Top Mechanical Contractor, Plumbing Contractor, and Specialty Contractor in the Southeast!
- J&J Air Conditioning Has a Successful Toy Drive!
- Service Unlimited Employee’s Generosity to the Sunday Breakfast Mission Shines This Holiday Season!
- Service Unlimited Employees Elected for the Delaware RSES Board of Directors!
- Air Controls Donates to Tumbleweed to Help End Youth Homelessness!
- H.C. Blake Co. Inc., Opens New Headquarters in North Huntsville!
- B&I Contractors Participates in the Lee County 2019 Heart Walk!
- 2019 Annual Meeting & Owners' Forum Video Highlights!
- Blauch Brothers Keeps a Continual Reminder on Enriching the Lives of Everyone Around Them!
- VHV Company Landed 7th Place in Vermont Food Bank Fundraiser!
- Blauch Brothers is Making the Difference in the HVAC Industry!
- 2019 Annual Meeting & Owners' Forum Highlights
- B&I Contractors Lends a Hand to Harns Marsh Elementary School!
- B&I Contractors Donates a Decorated Tree to Goodwill Industries of Southwest Florida Annual Festival of Trees!
- Register today for the upcoming 2020 Sales Forum!
- Member Spotlight - Service Unlimited, Inc., & Mechanical Service & Systems, Inc.
- Glassman Corporation Hosts Their 4th Annual Skilled Trades Tech Day!
- 2020 Annual Meeting & Owners' Forum Location Revealed!
“ Peterson did an amazing job settling up different stations to give a deep dive of their operations. Excellent employees that were truly engaged in their presentations. ”Scott Krum
Legacy Mechanical, Inc.