With winter coming and in the midst of a busy production season, Jerry Squiers, Facilities and Maintenance Supervisor at Fisher Engineering in Rockland, Maine, was tasked with installing high pressure nitrogen piping for a bank of high-tech metal laser cutting systems. The high-pressure equipment called for a hospital-quality cleaned, permanent, copper piping. Additionally, nitrogen purges over the active work floor pose a serious hazard. Jerry was concerned about lost production time and safety during the install. Jerry teamed up with our members, Dana Foote and Patrick Caskin, Project Managers, at Johnson & Jordan Mechanical in Scarborough, Maine. Eight off-hour weekends were allocated for the project.
Using Lokring Technology's weldless system that handles the pressures and temperatures, the installation was completed in only three weekends. Scheduled for 8 weekends, the installation was successfully completed in 3 weekends. There was no hotwork, plant disruption, nor one leak. Fisher production was never impacted and the new equipment was up and running two months ahead of schedule!
Awesome job to our member, Johnson & Jordan, for your assistance in achieving a successful outcome on this project! Johnson & Jordan has installed hundreds of Lokring fittings in both healthcare and industrial sites to avoid the issues of hotwork.
The Unified Group»News»Johnson & Jordan, Inc., Teams Up with Fisher Engineering and Achieves Success Before the Snow Falls!
- H.C. Blake Co. Inc., Supports Small Businesses of North Alabama!
- Register Today for the Excellence Alliance: E4P Commercial Service Estimating Demo Webinar!
- B&I Contractors Shares Latest Update Regarding the Construction Industry in Florida Amidst the COVID-19 Pandemic!
- 2020 Sales Forum Highlights
- Glassman Corporation Takes Great Bend Officials Through a Final Walk Through at the Crest Theatre!
- 2020 Spring Training is Available from Jackson Systems!
- 2020 BIM Forum Has Been Rescheduled!
- B&I Contractors Celebrates 60 Years of Service by Giving Back!
- Cullum Mechanical Construction Sponsors Charleston Annual STEM Fest!
- Midstate Energy Celebrates “National Women in Construction Week!”
- Register today for the upcoming 2020 Leadership Forum!
- J&J Air Conditioning Plays Their First Co-Ed Softball Game of the Season!
- J&J Air Conditioning Completes Another Basic Refrigeration Course!
“ All this information is useful to discuss with people in our business to gain a glimpse at how others in the industry do what we do. ”Tim Conry